COVID-19 Life Underwriting Update Temporary Underwriting Guideline Changes Effective April 13, 2020Scott Karstens
Beginning Monday, April 13, 2020, the following updates will apply to all pending and new submissions of Lincoln individual life insurance policies, including Lincoln MoneyGuard®. Lincoln will re-evaluate our position in June 2020, as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, and/or as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) gives further guidance.
PLEASE NOTE: These changes are temporary, subject to change, and will override any underwriting guidelines currently published in Lincoln’s marketing or reference material.
Life Insurance Underwriting Updates
The following updates are temporary and will apply to all Term, Universal Life, Indexed Universal Life and Variable Universal Life policies. Formal applications in a QUOTE, APPROVED, ISSUED or PLACED status as of April 13, 2020 will not be impacted.
- $5 million maximum limit for term and permanent products
- Available up to age 65 only
- Preferred Plus, Preferred and Standard rate classes only
Table Reduction Program (TRP)
- Ages up to 65: No changes to current TRP guidelines
- Ages 66-70: Limited offers with consideration up to table 2 only.
- Ages 71 and up: No changes to current TRP guidelines; TRP Not Available
All cases meeting the following criteria will be postponed:
- Ages 65 and under, rated Table 5 and higher
- Ages 66-79, rated Table 3 and higher
- Ages 80-85, all classes
Accelerated Benefit Riders (ABR)
All applications for an ABR meeting the following criteria, the rider only will be declined:
- Ages 70 and up, with sub-standard rate classes
- Applicable for Lincoln Care Coverage ABR and Lincoln LifeEnhance ABR only
The base life insurance policy will continue to be reviewed for an Underwriting offer.
Click the PDF Open below to read the full update which also covers MoneyGuard and other New Business Processing Information.